At the UK National Measurement Laboratory (NML) for chemical and bio-measurement, based at LGC, we deliver world-leading measurement science to solve complex global challenges. We lead a range of national and international measurement research projects and the international metrology cell analysis working group developing reference methodology and materials, high accuracy calibration and measurement services to support best practice.
In addition, the teams undertakes contract research and development projects for a range of customers in both the public and private sectors.
The job holder will manage the cell handling facility, planning and coordinating laboratory activities associated with cell maintenance and characterisation for the NML teams in accordance with the NML quality system.
Plan and coordinate laboratory activities to facilitate cell based projects for partner research teams:
- Ensure various frozen stocks, cell lines and cultures are produced, maintained, routinely tested and supplied to time
- Maintain stock control of reagents, gas and consumables
- Maintain inventory, running, servicing and calibration control of laboratory equipment
- Develop, maintain and ensure continuous improvement in laboratory procedures, experimental protocols and work instructions to ensure throughput and compliance with relevant quality standards
- Contribute knowledge and experience to assist with protocol/assay development
- Ensure compliance of activities performed in adherence with defined, legislation and quality systems
- Excellent data recording, management and sharing, accurately in accordance with NML policies and procedures
- Participate in in-house meetings and presentations at internal and external meetings as required
- Contribute to external publications
- Provide assistance and conduct training to NML team members, as required
- Stay current with latest developments in lab techniques and technologies, supporting procurement activities as required
- Act as a point of reference to others with regard to all cell laboratory related issues.
Find out more here