We are hiring! We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist with PhD or equivalent experience in small molecule analysis by mass spectrometry.
✨Join an international team of scientists in one of the most diversely equipped laboratories in the UK helping to address complex measurement challenges for government, industry and academia.
Find more about the position here
This is a great opportunity for a mass spectrometrist to join our Organic Mass Spectrometry Team, to develop methods for the identification of unknowns in new consumer products. Our laboratories are equipped with a broad range of analytical instruments including Ion mobility mass spectrometry, QToF, MALDI-ToF, QQQ and Orbitrap, coupled with UPLC, capillary LC and GC.
We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist with PhD or equivalent experience in small molecule analysis by mass spectrometry. Experience in identification of unknowns, ion mobility and project/line management is also beneficial. Training as appropriate will be provided on instrumentation for the delivery of this project. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to progress their career in mass spectrometry and gain experience in an industrial research project. Though initially for one year this may lead into a permanent role.
- Work independently to deliver a consumer product characterisation project
- Bring expert knowledge to deliver appropriate mass spectrometry methodologies for the identification of unknowns
- Presenting results at customer meetings, preparing technical reports.
- Maintaining instrument performance
- Developing appropriate quality procedures