Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2021, we’ve been recognised as Employer of the Year and Business of the Year at the Thames Valley Business Awards, and in past years have achieved OBN's Best CRO and Women in Business Enlightened Employer.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Continued success means the RSSL Pharmaceutical Chemistry is continuing to grow, and as part of this evolution we’ve opened up a wide variety of scientist roles in our Chromatography team, including this one!
About the team
The Chromatography team is a tight-knit group of experts responsible for employing Liquid Chromatography and Gas Chromatography for pharmaceutical testing, primarily coupled with Mass Spectroscopy.
By utilising LC-MS and GC-MS, we perform routine and investigative analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, extractables and leechables testing, nitrosamine testing as well as validation, verification and method transfer on behalf of our clients.
Joining this team will allow you to do truly vital work analysing medicines so they can reach patients that need them. You’ll have opportunity to gain new technical and leadership skills as the laboratory continues going from strength to strength.
Purpose of the role
The Team Leader provides management within the RSSL Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory while retaining a hands-on approach to LC-MS and GC-MS. It will directly line manage a small team of scientists and technicians.
You’ll ensure routine and complex pharmaceutical projects are performed promptly and to GMP standards, facilitating practical analytical work and data checking for routine analyses of pharmaceutical raw materials and method verification using chromatography techniques in accordance with pharmacopoeia or client methods.
The role has scope to either manage a team of more junior scientists, or to be technically focused in lieu of people management.
- Independently perform complex analysis using chromatography mass spectroscopy techniques, design study protocols and maintenance and troubleshoot lab equipment.
- Provide technical direction to the business.
- Supervise staff in routine activities and methods.
- Ensure effective organisation, integrity of analytical data and provision of results.
- Perform data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
- Generate certificate analysis or external interpretive reports.
Communication and Influence
- Liaise with clients, commercial and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Provide advice in client and stake holders meetings.
- Deliver external presentations of data and internal presentations to senior technical stakeholders.
- Contributes to technical strategies & influence senior management.
Leadership and supervision.
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff.
- Manage a team of scientists and technicians.
- Experience of working with chromatography independently.
- Project management and planning skills.
- Ability to motivate and mentor junior scientific staff.
- Technical credibility to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- English fluency.
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience, experience with GMP and experience working in a CRO are advantageous but not required.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Company: Reading Scientific Services Limited
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Reading Scientific Services, Ltd. (RSSL) is a cutting-edge contract research organization (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
We were recognized in 2019 as an Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018, one of our family members earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company, Mondelēz International, our diverse team of 300 includes 23 nationalities, creating a family feel as we strive toward our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives.”
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.