Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2021, we’ve been recognised as Employer of the Year and Business of the Year at the Thames Valley Business Awards, and in past years have achieved OBN's Best CRO and Women in Business Enlightened Employer.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 22 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of science enhancing lives.
You provide hands-on assistance to support the operation and goals of the laboratory by planning and conducting experiments and applying your understanding to analyze results. With guidance, you plan and implement assigned projects.
How you will contribute
You will perform a range of analyses, prepare and maintain standard equipment and chemicals required for running of an analytical laboratory, support laboratory activities while ensuring compliance to the appropriate internal and external standards, and capture and report data with technical rigor and accuracy. To succeed in this role, you will maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment and be proficient in generic and specific software packages.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Working on teams and independently with the guidance of more senior team members
- Proactively identifying problems and assisting in creating and implementing solutions
- Maintaining equipment to ensure they are always operable
- Applying your technical understanding of equipment to support laboratory operations
- Recording and reporting data and activity outcome accurately
- Working in laboratories
- Relevant industry and/or academic experience
About the team
Investigative Analysis Department is a multi-disciplinary team working with food, pharmaceutical and healthcare clients. As well as routine analysis, we support our clients with product development, regulatory requirements, manufacturing issues and complex investigations, using a wide range of state-of-the-art analytical equipment.
Purpose of the role
A Senior Technician performs sample preparation and instrumental analysis under the guidance of more senior scientists.
You will manage your own workload to ensure that projects are performed promptly and to a high quality standard. You will undertake sample preparation using a variety of extraction techniques before chromatographic analysis, in accordance with client methods.
- Perform sample preparation and chromatographic analysis under the supervision of a more senior scientist
- Ensure effective organisation, integrity of analytical data and provision of results.
- Perform data entry and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
What you will bring
- Experience of using chromatography techniques in any setting (eg in academia or as a technician).
- Chemistry (or related) degree or equivalent laboratory experience.
- Communication skills to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- English fluency.
- Knowledge GMP systems
This role is ideally suited to a recent chemistry graduate who has had either a year in industry or some other form of hands-on laboratory experience.
Company: Reading Scientific Services Ltd.
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Reading Scientific Services, Ltd. (RSSL) is a cutting-edge contract research organization (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
We were recognized in 2019 as an Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018, one of our family members earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company, Mondelēz International, our diverse team of 300 includes 23 nationalities, creating a family feel as we strive toward our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives.”
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.