Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2021, we’ve been recognised as Employer of the Year and Business of the Year at the Thames Valley Business Awards, and in past years have achieved OBN's Best CRO and Women in Business Enlightened Employer.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 22 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of science enhancing lives
You provide hands-on assistance to support the operation and goals of the laboratory by planning and conducting experiments and applying your understanding to analyze results. With guidance, you plan and implement assigned projects.
How you will contribute
You will perform a range of analyses, prepare and maintain standard equipment and chemicals required for running of an analytical laboratory, support laboratory activities while ensuring compliance to the appropriate internal and external standards, and capture and report data with technical rigor and accuracy. To succeed in this role, you will maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment and be proficient in generic and specific software packages.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Working on teams and independently with the guidance of more senior team members
- Proactively identifying problems and assisting in creating and implementing solutions
- Maintaining equipment to ensure they are always operable
- Applying your technical understanding of equipment to support laboratory operations
- Recording and reporting data and activity outcome accurately
- Working in laboratories
- Relevant industry and/or academic experience.
More information about the role
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Microscopy laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
The role of Technician is to be responsible for performing a range of routine activities to support effective completion of projects and meet the customer’s contractual agreements. Perform lab admin and housekeeping activities, basic routine analysis and work in accordance with the quality standards within Microscopy laboratory.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of basic routine analysis using (light microscopy, sub visible analysis) under supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Operate basic lab equipment as directed.
- Be competent in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse, etc.
- Provide training in routine activities.
- Perform Lab admin and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
- Educated to A / HNC level in a relevant scientific discipline
- Scientific understanding of basic lab equipment
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn
- Well organized and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently
Company: Reading Scientific Services Ltd.
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Reading Scientific Services, Ltd. (RSSL) is a cutting-edge contract research organization (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
We were recognized in 2019 as an Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018, one of our family members earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company, Mondelēz International, our diverse team of 300 includes 23 nationalities, creating a family feel as we strive toward our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives.”
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.