This Virtual Classroom course provides an introduction for complete beginners to Gas Chromatography (GC) and Gas-Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS), explaining the principles of these techniques, along with some of the industries which use them and their applications.
You will learn about the components of the gas chromatograph and the mass spectrometer, the purpose and principles of data analysis and the different sampling techniques that can be used.
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
This course is taught live in a virtual classroom, is fully interactive with instrument parts and consumables shown & explained. There are small group sizes so plenty of opportunities to ask questions then get them answered on screen!
Who is this course for?
- Beginners - those new to Gas Chromatography or Mass Spectrometry.
- Analysts or Technicians looking for a refresher in these techniques.
- Lab Managers and Line Managers - those who are responsible for the instruments or the analysts using them.
- Data Analysts and Report Writers - technical specialists who aren't using the instruments but are using data from them.
- Service Engineers and Consultant Engineers - those who look after or recommend the use of these instruments but don't have the chemistry background or chemistry viewpoint.
- Those involved in the Sales or Marketing of these instruments, their consumables or their use for analysis - e.g. manufacturers, contract labs, media companies.
Duration: Total of 6.5 hours split over 2 days
Scheduled course price: £250 + VAT per delegate
CAMS members receive a discount of 20% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 24 hours in advance.
To find out more and book visit https://www.anthias.co.uk/training-courses/AB-GC