- To ensure that UK organizations apply analytical measurement technologies appropriately and effectively, giving them a competitive edge and helping them contribute to society and the economy;
- To strengthen the field of analytical science as an economic activity in and of itself.
These two broad objectives have been broken down into more manageable objectives:
- To encourage and facilitate research projects by partners from a range of application areas and backgrounds;
- To optimize the fit of level of training and education with market needs for analytical scientists;
- To open up the national measurement infrastructure to partners.
The Institute will increase the level of UK research in measurement science to support the future chemical and bio-metrology needs of business and wider society across the UK, and directly address the skills shortage in metrological principles and understanding for relevant UK industry.