The Community for Analytical Measurement Science CAMS is an independent and industry led consortia that has come together to bring some cohesiveness to the Analytical Measurement Science UK and Irish Community.
CAMS was officially launched on the June 2019. It was formed following a Royal Society of Chemistry Analytical Division landscaping exercise and subsequent EPSRC review of analytical science that identified the sector’s needs and the programme constructed and launched by the Analytical Chemistry Trust Fund (ACTF).
The Institute addresses the key concerns for future innovation and economic growth in the UK and Ireland of more efficient translation of application-driven (bio-)analytical measurement given the:
- a) changing face of skills development needs and access to high-quality (bio-)analytical science researchers and technicians, and
- b) increasingly limited access to specialised high-end analytical instrumentation.
CAMS is an independent and industry led consortia that has come together to bring some cohesiveness to the Analytical Measurement Science UK and Irish Community.
- Bringing the analytical community together
- Providing world-class analytical training
- Facilitating innovation industry-led research
The Institute will increase the level of UK research in measurement science to support the future chemical and bio-metrology needs of business and wider society across the UK, and directly address the skills shortage in metrological principles and understanding for relevant UK industry through the following main objectives:
- To ensure that UK organizations apply analytical measurement technologies appropriately and effectively, giving them a competitive edge and helping them contribute to society and the economy
- To strengthen the field of analytical science as an economic activity in and of itself
OUR WORK PRIORITY AREAS
- Point of use sensors and photonics
- Novel Instrumentation
- Complex mixtures – separation and detection
- Data Analytics
OUR GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE