To identify training gaps and needs in Analytical Chemistry and work in partnership with other CAMS panel to develop and expand the teaching of analytical measurement science principles for UK benefit, making available resources to fulfil these needs.
To provide a range of training resources including
- A training portal for members and non-members, promoting training events, meetings, conferences and job opportunities.
- Hosting of expert metrology webinars (and other related topics).
- Instrument demonstration workshops: hands-on instrumental measurement training supporting and improving the understanding and practice of chem/bio measurement.
- Where required, developing training packages and materials such as best practice guides for techniques, technologies and applications and back to basics web based materials designed to meet virtual and eLearning standards and expectations of current day
- Sign-posting to (and where required hosting of) independently quality assured training materials.
- Delivery and promotion of BEAM activities at annual CAMS Conferences.
The BEAM panel represents the membership of CAMS and has contributions from instrument manufacturers, training organisation, academia and industry. The panel meets every three months.