The call for Summer Studentship 2024 applications is now open – with an increased level of funding and new extended submission date!
The British Mass Spectrometry Society (BMSS), in partnership with the Chromatographic Society (ChromSoc), are now accepting applications for their Summer Studentships scheme. The scheme funds summer research projects for students, providing them with opportunities to directly experience mass spectrometry and chromatography, going beyond what they will learn in lectures.
Benefits of the scheme:
- Applicants can request up to £3,500 to cover costs for a 6-8 week student stipend and up to £300 research project consumables.
- Students will receive complimentary 5-Year BMSS or ChromSoc membership.*
- Complimentary registration for one BMSS Introduction to Mass Spectrometry Training Course and one BMSS or ChromSoc meeting is offered to each selected student.
- Travel assistance is offered to each selected student to facilitate their attendance at one BMSS Annual Meeting/Training Course or one ChromSoc scientific meeting.*
(*Funded by the relevant society)
- The call for applications will close on Friday 16th February 2024
- Full details about the application process and eligibility can be found on the BMSS website
- Applications must be submitted by the project supervisor and may be submitted before a student is identified
- Student experience is the key focus of these studentships, therefore priority will be given to projects providing hands-on experience
For further information including how to apply visit https://www.bmss.org.uk/grants/summer-studentships/, or contact:
email@example.com (Hannah Britt, Education Officer for the BMSS) and copying in the BMSS Vice Chair, Andy Ray: firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com (Christina Vanhinsbergh, Membership Officer for ChromSoc)