UKRI invites applications for individuals from any discipline wishing to spend up to 36 months (full or part time) on secondment in the biomedical sciences sector.
- Competition opens: Friday 31 January 2020
- Competition closes: Wednesday 15 April 2020 12:00pm
More details available here
We are running 3 identical streams, which open on the same date but have different close dates:
- strand 1 (this stream) closing 15 April 2020
- strand 2 closing 13 May 2020
- strand 3 closing 1 July 2020
You must choose the strand that gives you enough time to complete your application. If you do not submit your application before the close date of one of the earlier streams you will have to re-enter all the information in your application for a later strand.
The objectives of the call are to:
- create porosity between sectors by enabling career mobility
- boost the skills, knowledge and career development of people
- intensify knowledge exchange between the biomedical industry and academia
- add value to the Biomedical Sciences sector and the UK economy by increasing productivity
Proposals can come from any discipline but either the seconding or host organisation must be a business within the biomedical sciences sector (such as pharmaceutical, biotech, devices, biomedical engineering or diagnostics).
This people-focused competition will achieve its objectives by supporting secondments to fund any activity that enhances the skills of, or provides career development for, the secondee and benefits the organisations involved. The secondee must work on an activity that works towards solving challenges within the secondment (host) environment.
The competition closes at midday UK time on the deadline stated.