Method validation is the process that provides evidence that a test method is capable of producing results that are suitable for a particular application. It is a requirement of the ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189 laboratory accreditation standards and many other sectoral regulations and directives. Method validation should always be a planned activity. This course introduces the statistics required for interpreting validation data and provides the tools to plan and carry out effective validation studies. There is ample opportunity to practice the principles learned through laptop-based workshops using Excel.
What are the benefits?
This course will help you:
- Understand method validation and its requirements
- Select and apply the statistics required during method validation
- Select and use the appropriate types of method validation studies
- Appreciate and understand the link between method validation and measurement uncertainty
- Apply statistical principles through laptop-based workshops.
We are now offering our training courses online. The day online sessions will take place at 9.30 and 13.30 (GMT). The evening online sessions take place at 16.00 and 20.00 (GMT). Download the programme for full details.
Who should attend?
This course is primarily designed for analysts and laboratory managers in the analytical chemistry and related sectors.