EPSRC will be holding a webinar for Early Career Researchers (ECRs) who work in the area of Physical Sciences on 19th January 2022. The webinar will cover:
- strategic priorities of the Physical Sciences theme and their context within EPSRC and UKRI
- EPSRC peer review processes and
- current funding opportunities.
We anticipate this event to be of greatest interest to ECRs working in the physical sciences landscape. This webinar is aimed at ECRs, who are eligible to hold an UKRI grant and currently hold few or no grants as a Principal Investigator. We do not wish to be prescriptive in defining an ECR based on years of post-doctoral experience and welcome prospective participants with a different pattern of academic experience. This could include but is not limited to ECRs who have:
- industry roles
- been on a break (including career break, maternity, paternity, illness) from active research and/or
- postdoctoral research assistant roles and are hoping to take up lectureship positions in the near future.
We encourage ECRs to attend the webinar to find out more about EPSRC and UKRI funding opportunities, what outcomes these approaches enable and to provide you with an overview of the future strategic direction EPSRC-UKRI
EPSRC welcomes participants from a broad range of Higher education institutions, Research Technical Organisations and industrial organisations.
The overarching objectives of the webinar are as follows.
- Develop ECRs’ understanding of EPSRC, including our strategic priorities
- Inform ECRs of the range of opportunities available to them, and clarify the differences between these
- Explain EPSRC peer review processes
- Raise awareness of specific strategies, such as our Impact Strategies, and the importance of this within the application process
Please register on the Eventbrite website. Joining instructions will be available closer to the event date.
For more information click here