Reading Scientific Services Limited (RSSL) provides a range of scientific analysis, research and consultancy services to the food and pharmaceutical industries and to its parent company, Mondelēz International.
In this role you will contribute towards this by being a Business Development Junior Manager for the Pharmaceutical Sector (Training Operation Team) and growing the business to meet RSSL’s financial targets.
In the nominated accounts the role will:
o Deliver sales revenue target through direct and indirect sales to existing and new customers o Develop customer management strategies
o Lead high value opportunities as required
Also provide support to wider commercial team activities.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
1. Managing existing business and developing new business opportunities with current and new accounts
2. Acting as the principal contact between the client and RSSL Training Operation team in order to achieve sales growth.
3. To support development of and cross sell service offerings to a number of strategic accounts.
4. Optimise client interaction (calls and meetings) by ‘selling-on’ other services to clients, where appropriate.
5. Represent RSSL Training at external events (conferences, exhibitions, seminars and industry meetings)
6. Support the Head of Training and Marketing departments by providing market information to make decisions, leading to the development and growth of the RSSL Training business.
7. Demonstrate RSSL Training courses knowledge to provide service and phone assistance when problem accur in order to maintain current sale and customer satisfaction.
8. Track & report competitor activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
Have a proven scientific background with recognised qualifications - HND or equivalent qualification.
Project management skills
Have an understanding of laboratory work and its application to solving customer problems.
High level of interpersonal skills and technical credibility to develop excellent working relationships with both clients and laboratory staff.
Outgoing proactive approach, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others.
Team player, plus ability to work on own initiative
Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact effectively by telephone, written communication and face-to-face.
An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time and able to prioritise requests.
The ability to offer valuable advice and guidance on a broad range of scientific techniques to clients
The ability to create solutions to complex scientific and business issues.
More about this role
Location: anywhere in the UK, individual is required to be in the office at base location (Reading) once per month
Job specific requirements:
Previous customer services and sales experience
Previous experience in a relevant market
Travel requirements: Open to travel anywhere in the UK/ Europe etc. (30-50% travel required)
Must have-Full UK driving licence
Company: Reading Scientific Services Limited
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Reading Scientific Services, Ltd. (RSSL) is a cutting-edge contract research organization (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
We were recognized in 2019 as an Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018, one of our family members earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company, Mondelēz International, our diverse team of 300 includes 23 nationalities, creating a family feel as we strive toward our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives.”
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.