The primary purpose of the CAMS Measurement Science Research Institute is to develop novel point of use technologies to support the Life Sciences/ Industrial Strategy future needs.
The Institute will comprise of a number of UK Universities in a virtual centre to:
- Provide a seamless academic network in support of CAMS, delivering prioritised multi-party industry member projects
- Co-contribution to establishment of tenured analytical science academic posts
- Research & innovation delivery with Industry for Point Of Use/Point Of Care Analytics
- Work collaboratively on short Research Challenges
- Facilitate measurement science skills training at the traditional Research Council-funded levels (MSc, PhD, Postdoc)
- Provide access to specific measurement technologies and high cost instrumentation for CAMS members
Currently we have strong support for the concept from three major UK universities and others are wanting to join.